10 Signs you ‘might’ be addicted to Cosplay
1. You’ve cried while making a costume…
…but kept working on it, careful not stain it with your tears.
Why can’t I quit you!?
2. You’ve thrown part of your costume across the room.
Then gone to pick it up while apologizing to it.
3. You’ve passed over social plans so you could craft
Cons wait for not man. Or woman. Or cat.
Can’t leave for my niece’s birthday. Gotta make Armor.
4. You’ve pulled another all-nighter
despite promising yourself you never would again.
Then slept the whole way to the Con
5. You have a folder of ‘planned’ cosplays…
…that reaches at least a year ahead.
If not two.
lie to tell yourself that you won’t start any new costumes until you’ve finished the ones you’ve started.
Then you see The Most Perfect Costume Design Ever.
7. There is something cosplay related in every room of your house.
Despite you trying to keep things contained.
Protip: Never move between Cons!
8. You fantasize about your current project being done on time…
…more often than you do about Scarlet Johanssen or Chris Hemsworth.
But Hemsworth helping you get your cosplay done on time? Now we’re talkin’!
9. You actually have nightmares about your cosplay.
It’s not done. It breaks. It falls off on stage.YOU fall off stage.
The possibilities are endless. And terrifying.
10. You’re on a first name basis with your local fabric/craft shop.
Swatch the dog from Mood Fabrics in NYC. We’re besties. (I wish)
Photo ©Mood Fabrics.
How well did you do?
I’m 9/10. The local fabriclands don’t know my name… yet. But they know my face now. THEY HIDE.