I hope everyone had/is having a great [holiday of choice]!
Now that the stress of shopping for gifts and wrapping them and then playing with my adorable niece (I know life is so hard…) is over, I can get back to the important business of sewing! And drinking. Primarily sewing though.
New Year’s is just around the corner so what better time to give a general update on where I’m at, where I’m planning to be and what I’ll be wearing?
This is the part where you will first notice how in depth I plan. It helps to keep track of where I am with which costume.
It also gives me something to do in a spreadsheet that looks like work.
Apocalypse Wendy – 90%
- accessories: ring, ribbon, necklace, stockings, gloves, wig, hat, goggles
- ‘Tattoo’ – drawn on stockings in sharpie (classy!) – 0%
- Hook – 0%
- Feather Epaulettes for jacket. – 50%
Connor – Assassin’s Creed
- Flintlock pistol
- Arm bands – 80%
- Hood – 50%
- Greatcoat – 30%
- Gauntlet – 0%
- Leggings – 0%
- Bow – 0%
- Gloves – 0%
- Bags and packs and shit – 0%
- Vest – 0%
- Sash – 0%
- Belt – 0%
- Tomahawk – 0%
- I’m sure there’s more…
Ramona Flowers – Scott Pilgrim
- Accessories: Earrings of awesome
- Star Bag
Demon Hunter 2.0 – Diablo 3Demon Hunter (c) Blizzard
- I seriously suck at armor. And I chose the class with the most armor aside from the barbarian? ugh why?
- There’s been a lot of great Demon Hunter cosplays around.
- I’d have to start over from scratch
- Seriously, that armor.
- Fuck armor.
- Fuck it hard!
Planned for 2013
Khaleesi Daenerys – A Song of Ice and Fire
I can’t wait for this one. I already have a white/silver wig for her and I’ll be on the scavenge trail for some old thick tweedy fabric.
I’ll also probably have to make a trip out to the leather outlet to get a hide for her skirt.
Can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait!
Wizard – Diablo 3
This picture’s a little hard to see, but basically this will be the ‘blockbuster’ costume of 2013. I’m already kind of scared of it.
It’s still Diablo 3-pretty but at least most of it’s sewing and not that god forsaken armor.
In no particular order…
- Ottawa ComicCon
- Costume Con Toronto (not until 2014… cry)
- A number of further American cons to be determined based on travel and lodgings