image courtesy of Niantic Inc
NEW McCalls patterns! So a Quick breakdown of the new three that will be available soooooon:
- The Men’s version of the Viking-like women’s pattern last round of patterns
- this is also an Easy level, for guys or ladies who are learning how to sew or aren’t comfortable tackling Intermediate or Advanced work yet
- also a good option if you need simple pants/shirt pattern that you can reuse for different costumes.
- Penny Dreadful, Crimson Peak, gothic romance etc?
- You could also use the nightgown part and make a Wendy from Peter Pan
- I think this one would legit be the most comfy costume ever.
- YOOOOOOoooo WHO’S READY TO BUST SOME GHOSTS?
- OR MAKE APRIL O’NEIL
- OR SOLID SNAKE
- OR OTHER JUMPSUITY THINGS
- I’m really excited about this pattern because I was looking online for coveralls and they’re all really expensive or not what I needed
Indie-inspiration of the week
It’s Pokémon fever!
Yes this counts as Indie because Niantic developed it okay? okay. Not only are there all the pokemon you can gijinka (human version of non-human thing) the crap out of, (see Cowslip’s Gijinkadex, Sunset Dragon‘s work or Hannah Alexander‘s Squirtle) but the trainer outfits look simple, cute and more importantly: comfy.
How to make it so you can use the washroom remains to be seen, however.
Sew Along #2: Kaldwin Coat
- Prep and Planning
- Muslin #1: Oh God its all wrong. ALL OF IT. [in progress]
- Rinse, repeat #2. Less wrong. Okay. Breathe.
- Applique yourself better
- Sew, Sew, Sew your coat, gently down the seam
- Combine All The Things
- Finishing touches + Level Ups