New patterns out for ‘Early Fall’ which has the following notables:
- A wonderful dress [M7454] to use for small cosplayers/dresser-uppers for the new Princess Elena
- Yaya’s Sailor leotard [M7455] with seams in the right places ;_; Collar not included but as the lovely Miss Messy Mia has pointed out to me, you can google how to make those and get all the results you need.
- [Insert Hamilton reference here] Regency-ish Military jacket [M7457] by Dunraven Productions which is great for…
- Hamilton modifications
- Prince Charming (Cinderella)
- Prince Eric (Little Mermaid)
- Prince whatever (whatever!)
- Modifying into a BAMFing steampunk jacket like Aldo Vicente‘s design:
website trouble as of this post going live.
It’s not that I heavily favour McCalls because they send me patterns sometimes, I often have trouble with the Simplicity website which makes it hard to use and since you can’t buy Simplicity in Canada without ordering online, it makes it hard to justify digging through the website of frustrating loading times and inaccurate search results.
Interested in learning how to draft your own patterns?
Here’s a few courses on Craftsy that you might want to check out!
- Pattern Drafting from Ready-to-Wear
- Patternmaking Basics: The Bodice Sloper
- Patternmaking Essentials: The Tailored Jacket
WCS – World Cosplay Summit
The World Cosplay Summit is currently in progress over at Nagoya, Japan. Team Canada will be competing for the very first time, and I’m wishing them luck and much hydration since I hear it’s hot and humid as Hell over there. The facebook page and website usually have updates on the teams and pictures so check it out if you’re interested!
BUT THAT’S NOT ALL. Otakuthon is this weekend which means that the Canadian Qualifiers for 2017’s WCS are also this weekend.
I am not participating thank god. I get to sleep. And rest. And not stress out over stuff. And watch. Man, it’s gonna be great.
Sew Along #2: Kaldwin Coat
- Prep and Planning
- Muslin #1: Oh God its all wrong. ALL OF IT.
- Rinse, repeat #2. Less wrong. Okay. Breathe.
- Applique yourself in class [in progress]
- Sew, Sew, Sew your coat, gently down the seam
- Combine All The Things
- Finishing touches + Level Ups